What is a Bible Sword Drill?
Ephesians 6:17 says, “Take the Helmet of Salvation and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.
A sword drill is nothing more than a verse that children look up in the Bible and read out loud. The drill part makes the game a competition, as the children see who can find the verse first.
What is a Themed Sword Drill?
When you have a themed sword drill, all the verses have a word, topic, or theme that is the same in all of the verses that they have to find.
All the children can work together to figure out the theme of the Sword Drill or the teacher can just see who can guess it on their own.
What's so Special About This Sword Drill?
This Sword Drill has everything that you need to have a great Bible lesson time.
- In the beginning of your packet is directions and tips on making your Sword drill extra special.
- Fifteen Scripture references with each verse typed out so the teacher doesn’t even have to look them up. (All verses are KJV)
- The Bible lesson typed out word for word, so all you have to do is read it.
- Six Bible story visuals included so the teacher can show those while reading the lesson.
- Teacher directions included during the lesson, so you know when to show each picture.
I promise, that your children will be more engaged with this Bible lesson, that they’ll get plenty of practice looking for Bible references in their Bibles, and they’ll be more comfortable reading from their Bibles during this game.